Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Swing Tanzen - Eins, zwei, drei, vier, funf, sechs....



My legs are killing me and they have been ever since Friday night.

Last week I agreed that I'd go swing dancing with one of my flat mates - but because I understand bits and pieces of german I generally end up saying 'Ja' more than I should. So what I did not realise I had done was that I agreed to go to a swing dancing lesson by myself and then she would follow me along later with her boyfriend for the swing dancing party.

Going on my own? Ok, alarm bells. I was totally not cool with that concept one bit. I figured I had already agreed to go so I had better go to this lesson and suss it all out.

When I got to the dance school everyone was all paired up and working the dance floor. I really felt like turning around - it was bad enough thinking that I'd make an ass of myself when I tried to dance and even worse again that I had no dance partner.

When the lesson started I had a few awkward steps or 'treppen' but then I got paired up with Berlin's Fabian who set me straight. Swing dancing is piss easy to do for girls since it's the guys who have to take the lead - I really surprised myself going round the floor doing the Lindy Hop. My downfall is that I can't dance slow - I just could not get my legs to move at the right speed - they were in double beat mode - which is probably why they are still sore.

Should I go again next week? Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment